5/11/10

roadside shots

I like to think I'm pretty adaptable to new places and situations. I've driven in Chicago and Kansas City. I've lived out in the boonies, some places were many miles to the nearest place to buy anything. And I've been content in just about all my living situations. I guess moving to NZ proved that I'm really a country girl at heart. I'm sure I could live in the city, but with views along the 'highway' like these, who would want to?!














This is the 'Jesus Rock'. It gets vandalized, but someone always paints 'Jesus loves you' on it.




We stopped at this camp ground to stretch our legs and wondered if Ranger Smith would appreciate his own camp site like this one. (If you laughed, then I know how old you are!)

I love the sights and sounds of New Zealand.


7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful tour and photos of New Zealand. Cool capture of the cow! Thanks for sharing your world.

DeniseinVA said...

It is a very beautiful country and I would love to see it one day, but your photos put me right there. Thanks for this delightful tour.

Deb said...

great photos...I love seeing your travels...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shots. Had to laugh at the people camped right outside the no camping sign...

Kay said...

Some really cool shots you got here.

Greener Bangalore said...

love these photos and places Betty....looks like i have to plan my honeymoon to NZ;)

Brenda said...

Great tour. I always like seeing signs from other places.